Detailed analysis of the operation of the World market in illicit drugs and of policy measures to curtail it
We provide an detailed analysis of the operation of the World market in illicit drugs and of policy measures to curtail it.
Provide an analysis of the main characteristics, mechanisms and factors that govern the global illicit drugs market and to examine the extent to which perception of this issue matches reality.
- Analysis of the operation of the global market for illicit drugs (Cocaine, heroin, marijuana, Amphetamine
- What has happened to the market 1998 - 2007?
- What were the policies of the period?
- How did these policies affect the markets?
The report provides the key findings of a project assessing how the global market for drugs developed from 1998 to 2007 and describing drug policy around the globe during that period. To the extent data allows, the project assessed how much policy measures, at the national and sub-national levels, have influenced drug problems. The analysis is focused on policy relevant matters but it does not attempt to make recommendations to governments.
- Product: Report on Global Illicit Drug markets 1998-2007, eds. P. Reuter and F. Trautmann, 2007
- Free download at: trimbos.nl
- Project duration: December 2007 - May 2009
- In cooperation with: Rand Organisation
- Funding: European Commission Directorate-General for Freedom, Justice and Security