Monitoring the living arrangements for those with dementia
The Trimbos Institute conducts research to understand the living arrangements of those with dementia.
This research is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare, and Sports and the 54 participating housing associations. The research is conducted every two years to review the current status of nursing home care for people with dementia in the Netherlands. This project includes monitoring the following topics:
- the organization of dementia care;
- the quality of the care that is offered;
- the quality of life of the individuals with dementia;
- the well-being of the healthcare professional; and
- the number of individuals that work in each type of living arrangement.