The Trimbos Institute is a centre of expertise on mental health and addiction. We implement the acquired knowledge in the practice of professionals in mental health care and addiction care.
Our core tasks are:
- To develop new treatment methods, to draw up guidelines and prevention programmes.
- To detect and monitor psychological problems and addiction problems
- To research and evaluate mental health care and addiction care: organisation, accessibility, quality and effectiveness.
- To inform policy makers, politicians and professionals on the mental health of the Dutch population.
- To develop and set up courses and training programmes for professionals in mental health care and addiction care.
- To provide information on psychological issues, substance use and addiction.
- To organise national prevention campaigns.